Diet Plan Options

I nearly forgot I had a diet and exercise journal. The past couple months have been so bad for my diet. I basically went on a binge eating kick, and this week, I'm feeling it. I've got to do something about how I feel.

This weekend I was watching Marie Osmond on the Miracle Network marathon. She looks amazing! Seeing how good she really looks got me thinking about how she lost the weight. She went with the Nutrisystem program. I realize she was on dancing with the stars, and all those hours of working out in practice had a lot to do with her weight loss. However, with any diet, I know I need to exercise. I may not need as tough a workout as her dancing with the stars workout, but exercise is a key factor in losing weight and getting fit.

So now I'm looking at my options for my diet. I checked into Nutrisystem a little. Preplanned meals sounds so easy. I'm not sure I like the whole idea of taking my food out of a package and popping it into the microwave. Is Nutrisystem the best option I have? Not really. I don't think it will work for me. I like to cook. However, cooking seems to be my downfall right now. On the other hand, even if I do go with preplanned meals for my diet, I will have to figure out something for my family for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. As amazing as Marie Osmond looks, and how well the diet worked for her, I don't think I can do Nutrisystem at this stage in my life.

One of my friends has been doing the Atkins diet. He looks so wonderful right now. He's eating low carb healthy. He fills up with high fiber vegetables, and his protein is lean fish, pork, poultry, and some red meat. He has cut out starchy white food. He doesn't eat white potatoes, rice, sugar, corn, and he stays away from anything with regular flour. He's happy with his results and he looks great. He's not working in any extra workouts. I wonder if he walked or added in strength training and some cardio how he would lose.

Another option I'm looking into is the weight watcher's program. I know so many women who have done weight watchers with a lot of success. It takes more time to lose the weight than the other programs seem to, but the women I know, have kept the weight off. The eating habits they learn from weight watchers stick with them, contributing to their success.

I don't know what I'm doing for my diet. I know I need to do something, as I continue walking. Getting outside for a walk is a daily habit for me. I walk 2 to 3 miles a day, and that adds up over time. I'm glad I didn't fall back into bad habits, as far as my exercise goes. At least that is one thing I've got going for my health right now.

I will continue looking at my diet options and maybe I'll figure out what I'm doing soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Weight Watchers is great, they really teach you about nutrition and portion sizes. Good luck with whatever you decide though!



http://rorystar.wordpress.com

Visual Goals

Visual Goals